2.3-16v Motorungtuning?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 2.3-16v Motorungtuning?

Hello!

My German is not so great these days, so I'll be typically British and post in English - my apologies!

I have a 1986 2.3-16v manual transmission.

I also have a spare engine! :D

I'm trying to find any type of tuning products for the 2.3-16v

Can any of you recommend any companies or give me some links to firms with good engine tuning products?

Thanks

Dunk
    • RE: 2.3-16v Motorungtuning?

Hi Dunk
      Even when the 2.3-16 was still produced there were only a few well-known tuners like AMG, Brabus, Carlsson and Lotec that took the adventure to tune the engine. To my best knowledge there is nobody producing a tuning kit for this car today at affordable costs. In fact neither AMG, Brabus or Carlsson offers tuning parts for the 2.3-16

kind regards
      Axel
    • RE: 2.3-16v Motorungtuning?

Hi Dunk,

If your 2.3-16 is a 1986 model,it probably doesn't have a catalytic converter,so it already produces 185 bhp.My car is a 1987,also without Cat,and has a manual gearbox as well.My findings are,that if you get the engine to run optimal,i.e.correct valve clearance and camshaft timing etc.,it's nice and quick.Besides,our cars are (allmost) classics now,so any real tuning would spoil it's originality.:D But since you have an extra engine,you could allways bring the car back to factory standard...

Grettings from sunny Amsterdam,Frank