2,3-16 ohne Öldruck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 2,3-16 ohne Öldruck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wollte gestern in aller Ruhe an meinem Evo weiterschrauben als mich mein Kumpel nachts anrief. Sein Rüf 2,3-16 hatte schlagartig keinen Öldruck mehr! Zum Glück hat er es rechtzeitig gemerkt und den Motor abgestellt.Die Kiste wurde vom ADAC abgeschleppt

Dann mal an die Arbeit
    Öldruckgeber getauscht, nix Also Ölwanne runter und geguckt, nix,

dann Steuergehäuse runter(Mit Klima absolute Drecksarbeit)doch wieder Nix,
    doch da war doch der Hund begraben. DAS VERFLIXTE ÜBERDRUCKVENTIL DER ÖLPUMPE HAT FESTGEKLEMMT!!!!Die Pumpe konnte keinen druck aufbauen
    UNGLAUBLICH; WIE KANN SO EIN MIST NUR PASSIEREN??? werde das morgen mit der reibahle gängig machen. Hat jemand schon mal diesen Fehler gehabt oder ist das hier mal die ausnahme?
    Bei der ganzen Arbeit haben wir dann noch schnell den Kopf runtergeschraubt und noch ein Verbranntes gerissenes Auslassventil entdeckt! komischerweise hat sich der Motor das nie anmerken lassen,denn er lief immer sehr kultiviert!
    So ich hoffe jetzt haben wir wieder ein bisschen Gesprächsstoff die nächsten Tage. Ich hab ihn denn mein Kumpel ist wegen der Sache ganz schön angep.... und hat langsam die Lust am 16V fahren verloren. Dabei arbeitet er selbst bei DC in der Werkstatt. Tzzz...
  • RE: 2,3-16 ohne Öldruck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallo Steffen,

glücklicherweise hatte ich noch nie Probleme mit dem Öldruck! Wobei der von Dir geschilderte Fall wohl eher die Ausnahme sein dürfte.
    Bei größeren Ausfahrten, wie z.b nach Holland, schau ich auch öfters auf die Instrumente ( Wasser, Öl- Druck,Temp,...) der Großteil des Materials an meinem 16er hat halt auch schon mehr als 16 Jahre auf dem Buckel. Und die Teile werden leider auch nicht besser im Alter.
    Im übrigen sollte sich Dein Kumpel glücklich schätzen, daß ihr das "angeschlagene" Auslassventil gefunden habt. Die Folgen bei Abriß des Ventils hätten evtl. einen kapitalen verursacht.
    Gutes Gelingen für die weiteren Arbeiten!

Gruß Jürgen
    Jett

Hallo,
    leider besitze ich zu wenig theoretisches Wissen und habe auch nur recht wenig praktische Erfahrung als das ich mit vorstellen kann das ein Vierzylinder der aufgrund eines Ventilschadens nur auf 3 Zylindern läuft, das auch noch kultiviert macht!
    Ölpumpe und Überdruckventil (im Steuergehäusedeckel steuert bei 4,0 +/- 0,5 bar in den Saugraum der Sichelölpumpe ab!) des M 102.983 beruhen auf der Ausführung des M 102.980 welcher bekanntlich ein Massenmotor war. Auch er erhielten die kleineren 2-ventiligen Vierzylinder die Sichelölpumpe nebst Überduckventil im Steuergehäusedeckel. Nach einigen Detailänderungen ist diese als problemlos anzusehen.
    Von Stern zu Stern

Also der Riss ist am rand nur ca 2-3mm lang. Soviel kompression wird er dadurch nicht verloren haben.Der Motor ist allgemein ziemlich am Ende. Das Kolbenspiel erinnert mich negativ an meinen Evo2. Da konnte man auch das Stoßspiel von oben messen so ausgeleiert wie die waren. Das Hohnbild ist in der Mitte quer zum Bolzen nicht mehr vorhanden.
    Mein Evo hatte damals auf dem 4.Topf nur 8,5 bar, hat sich das im Leerlauf auch nicht unbedingt anmerken lassen. Doch das ist geschichte

Hallo,
    ich habe ein wenig in meiner Schrottkiste gesucht und Anschauungsmaterial gefunden: Das Bild zeigt die Rückseite eines Steuergehäusedeckels des Motorenbaumusters M 102.990. Gut zu erkennen ist die Sichelölpumpe welche mit Hilfe eines Mitnehmers direkt von der Kurbelwelle angetrieben wird. Vorteile einer Sichelölpumpe ist der sehr geräuscharme Lauf und geringe Druckpulsationen. Häufig wird diese Pumpenbauart auch bei Getriebeölkreisläufen eingesetzt.
    Dateien
    • P1000798.jpg

(85,24 kB, 156 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Teil 2: Auf dem unteren Bild ist neben dem Steuergehäusedeckel auch der Ölumpendeckel und das Ölsaugrohr zu sehen. Oberhalb der Ölpumpenzahnräder (welche aus Hohlrad und Innenzahnrad bestehen) ist das Absteuerventil sichtbar. Dieses verhindert ein Ansteigen des Öldruckes über 4 bar. Nachteil dieser in der Ölpumpe integrierten Öldruckregelung ist das der wichtige Hauptlagerdruck stark schwankt. Ziel eines Motorenkonstrukteurs muß eine Öldruckregelung in Abhängigkeit des Ölduckes zum Beispiel in der Hauptölgalerie sein! So haben Ingenieure bei dieser Pumpenbauart einen relativ hohen Pumpendruck einzustellen um bei allen Betriebsbedingungen ausreichenden Öldruck zu gewährleisten, mit der Konsequenz hydraulische Verluste hinzunehmen. Würde man den Öldruck des von der Hauptölgalerie zurückfließenden Öles mit heranziehen wäre es möglich einen konstanteren Öldruck über die verschiedenen Parameter darzustellen. Sichelölpumpen besitzen M 102.983/990/991. Der M 102.992 ist mit einer über Einfachkette angetriebenen Zahnradölpumpe ausgerüstet.
    Von Stern zu Stern
    Dateien
    • P1000802.jpg

(78,08 kB, 163 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

As stated,the oilpump of our engines is driven by the crankshaft(kurbelwelle).
    A commonly adressed problem with the setup is that the pressure relief valve gets stuck over time.

Easy enough to remedy,as the valve per se can be axcessed from the outside of the engine.
    When this occurs it doesn´t have to show at the oilpressure gauge inside the car at all.
    What takes damage at first is normally the No4 connecting rod bearing-as it is the last large bearing surface to get oil.

What to do then?
    Well...
    If i´d lost ALL oilpressure the bearings truly needs to be inspected.
    To do so you need to get the car on a lift/hoist.
    Drain all oil,and dismantle the two bolts that go through the subframe to hold the engine in place.
    Then basically unbolt and drop the pan(a LOT of M6 bolts and a few M8s)
    Use a piece of wood underside the pan and a transmission lift to rise the engine in the engine bay as fara as you can.
    Using CAUTION place something between the fram and the engine mounts.
    having raised the engine as far as it´ll go it is now possible to "puzzle" the oilpan out of there without taking the entire engine out.
    The oil pickup tube u simply bend out of harms way after losening the M8 bolt that holds its lower part to the bracket.

Unbolt the No4 connection rod cap and inspect the bearing.
    If worn...yeah well.

As far as the pressure relief valve in the pump.
    This is held in place by an 8mm allen plug i believe.
    Unbolt,and use a piece of wood or similar SOFT material to retrieve the pressure relief spring and plunger.
    Plunger might VERY well be stuck,or kink,in it´s bore.
    Having taken the plunger out inspect it.
    If it looks ok,they usually do,the damage is to the bore.
    Use FINE valve lapping paste on the plunger and some sort of rod or similar to insert into the plunger.
    Put it all back in place and grind away...
    Do so until you feel that the plunger moves freely within it´s bore.
    Yes,you have now increased the diameter of the bore slightly,but trust me...it won´t matter one jota seing the overcapacity of the pump.

Clean the bore with some degreaser and a brittle gun brush.
    Do same to plunger.
    Clean both bore and plunger with a lint free cloth.
    Do so over and over until cloth comes out clean.

Reinstall in reverse of above.

This,by all means,is a fairly common problem with mercedes engines btw.

Hi all bearings were ok! We have got poil pressure again. The car runs without problems now and my friend is very happy. But it was hard work. if someone wants to see the damageed exhaust valve i will show you some pics.
    Thank you for your support!

it was the pressure relief valve. the car runws since a week without any problems. my friend is very glad about it. Now we drive with 2 16Valvers around through Germany...... That wasn´t always like that.
    Bye! Thank you!

Anytime... ;)

When i first got into 16Vs(about a yr ago) i tried n seek out info.
    It was more or less none existant-much to my surprise.

What i´m currently doing is adopting the engine to a fairly large turbocharger.A garret super T70.
    Have also constructed a new intake for turbo use where we´ve adopted some of the tech from the IMSA Audis.(Diffusor eqipped turbo intake)

Meanwhile i tossed another 2,3-16 in there that i picked up,and as usual...the electronic side of the KE-jet left something to be desired.
    What struck me at first was that mercedes and Bosch obviously tossed around all of the wiring between the early and late 16Vs at the ECU.
    (Mine is an 85 vintage,and the engine i picked up is a late 86)
    Having solved that..she runs great tho.
    Going to use a stand alone EFI that one of my close friends have been involved heavily in developing.The VEMS(versatile engine management system)
    Shooting to reach an honest 450ps reliably at just over 1 bar boost.

To give you an idea....
    A guy by the name of Kjell up here in Sweden was heavily into dragracing and turbo back in the late 80s...
    He eventually turned to the 2,3-16 by pure chance..
    Turbocharged it the heavy duty way.
    Put it into a rail chassis with a body from a chevrolet vega.
    This was back in 1989.
    He ran a 7,8 with a 330 km/h trap..

That...my dear friends...translates into that the little minescule POS Mercedes engine developed approx 1400ps... :D at full boost..

Way before the advent of programable EFIs and god knows what..
    Gives you an idea of the potential of the little engine..

Btw...
    Feel free to reply in german if that´s more convenient to you.
    Used to live outside of Hamburg for a yr and a half as a teenager.
    In other words,i understand german perfectly well-just have a harder time writing it.

i have got no problems to write in english. At this way i couldn´t forget it. But the administrator and the other club members doesn´t like our thread about more Horsepowers and tuning of the 16 valvers. its an exciting theme but not here. I made bad expieriences with it. perhaps we should create a new website for that. This site is only for keeping this cars original. i like tuning too, but thats the reason why i´m the bad boy here now. At this club ,tuning beginns with replacing the orange turn lamps against white ones. If you like to write about it, then only with the PN-Box system.

Greetings, Steffen

Ok.
    I hear ya on that.
    No problem,and i hope to god they never get to see my creations in that case :D .(Latest setup will hopefully reach the 600hp mark on a super T70 charger and VEMS efi)
    But,it´s their site-and i respect that.
    Just came here to swap information.
    Hope none took offense.
    ..and as far as i can see it the knowledge as far as what might be wrong with an OEM setup doesn´t really mandate that the engine needs to be hotrodded.
    But hey..that´s just me,and i sincerly apologize if anyone took offense for me asking the questions i´ve done.

Not to excuse myself,but i´ve also always thought of the racing heritage of the 16Vs?
    Well,whatever... 8)

As far as hotrod 16V sites,there´s always 190 rev around.
    ..and what´s more is that quite currently the scandinavian counterpart- mbsca.com - has been setup.

Feel free to register there Steffen,and have in mind that most people around scandinavia most def speak english-and some ;) of us even german...*LOL*

If ya wanna reach me try a mail at
    hrt692@hotmail.com
    I happen to fool around a LOT with the regions 16Vs,and what´s more is that the pile of spares is building up fast-if there happends to be anything hotrod asf that you need.

Cheers,and well met.

Jesper

Hi Jesper,

No offence taken :D

And yes,all the members of our Club are very much into 16V engines,since we're all aware of the engine's heritage:Cosworth Engineering,DTM and last but least,the famous Nardo cars!

But:the main target of our club is,and will allways be,to keep our cars the way they were built by Mercedes-Benz,since original unspoilt cars are getting pretty rare by now.
    And since the last car left the factory only 12 years ago,that's pretty worrying!!

By now it's easier to find a totally original W100 (600) or a 1950's 300SC Roadster,then an immaculate specimen of the 190E 16V...

In short:we respect other people's hobbies,sometimes are very interested in them,but unfortunately it's just not right to start a discussion on this Forum,because some people of the public don't seem to share our interests and just mock us.

Once again,we're not against tuning,we just tune other,newer,and lesser rare cars.

You wouldn't paint a mustache on Da Vinci's Mona Lisa,would you? :D :D

Kind Regards,and keep on tuning,Frank

Schön geschrieben Frank!!!!
    Ohne Witz jetzt. Respekt!!!
    Ohne nur einen Hauch diskriminierend zu sein...
    und gutes Englisch obendrein!!!....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Steffen102992 ()

As Steffen put it...
    I for one am full of respect for that.

I´d like to clearify on a couple of things though if that´s alright.

First of all i´m in it for the speed.
    Always have been,always will be.
    Run a pro shop up here in Sweden where we specialize in race and vintage cars only.Have a past in professional formula racing where i toured europe and south america etc.
    Restoring and rebuilding in my own shop since a little more than 10 yrs.
    For instance...
    Last yr we completed one of the more "the sky´s the limit" kinda a restos of a 60 vintage 190SL convertible that i´ve ever been into.
    Approx 400´DM later.. 8)
    Hysterical in a word.
    Anyways,what i´m trying to point out is that i for one am as into stock restos as conversions.

To give you an idea..
    home.swipnet.se/mechanixracing/daily.jpg
    My 1284hp street legal monster i guess..*LOL*,and i keep 4 of them all in all :D .

Guess some of the difference in view lies in that up here we´re allowed to convert more on our cars legally than you guys are.( No TUV asf).Laws are much more "allowing" around here in short.

I appreciate what you´re saying as far as the 16Vs in pristine condition are becoming more rare than a hens teeth.

On the other hand,as far as i see it, this here with the internet comes down to sharing information and in doing so it doesn´t really matter what you use your car for.
    Some of my customers use their 16Vs- by which some really ARE in pristine condition-for the occasional race track happening.I really think that´s going with the original idea of the car.

My own car for instance..
    It´s a 201.034 that checked out from mercedes in early 85.Still got the original invoice for it even.
    Apart from the engine mods,and some chassis mods,the car´s still the way mercedes intended it.Easy enough to put back into a complete stocker again.
    Not gonna use this one for racing-have enough of those cars as is-but more trying to build along the line of the OEM mercedes thought-at least as i see it.
    Build along the racing heritage if you want,and as such making it an even faster roadracer then it already is.

What´s my point here then?
    Well,i run into the same problems the OEM crowd does in a lot of senses.
    Ie for instance;the stuck oilpressure relief valve.
    As one dives into the engines one soon also realizes the differences in yr models asf.
    I also happen to know a thing or two when it comes to the fabled K and KE-jetronic,something the "OEM" crowd also have trouble with from time to time.
    Or...how the driveshaft needs to be serviced from time to time-as they indeed do.Rears that needs overhaul...
    And so forth.
    See my point?

If you´d still like me around,i´d be more than happy to comply and keep my end to the stock stuff.
    No problem.

The thing is...
    Sharing info.
    I-as well as you guys-run into the occasional stuck drivers side power window(or what have you),and what i dont´t know-one of you guys might very well.Likewise the other way around.
    See what i´m getting at?

What i´m asking is if it would be alright to keep it on a level where we respect both ends-and keep sharing info.

Then...
    There´s always the mods that i know that even the purist can adhere to.
    I mean...the basic idea of our cars is that they´re fun!!!
    To drive,to own.Right?

Okey...
    What doesn´t show... ;)
    In my book the 201.034 is an enthusiast car these days.
    Okey.

Then even some of the purist could adhere to;
    How to make a mod that won´t show,but surely would make the car more fun to drive. :D
    On the KE-jet there´s a electro hydraulic activator on the fuel distributor.
    A little black thingy that controls the dampening pressure ontop of the metering unit.
    Mercedes once had to comply to federal regulations as far as pollutions asf for different markets.
    We-as enthusiast-don´t in the same way.
    Hidden on the backside/flipside of said EHA there´s a brass plug.
    If one unbolts that plug there´s a 2mm allen screw underneath.
    Turn said screw 1/4 of a turn in...and reinstall plug as well as EHA back on metering unit.
    Presto.
    You´ve got yourself a stocker with better throttle response :]
    Such a mod for instance...who would know?

See my point?
    No real harm,and easy enough to readjust-and instantly a more fun car to drive.
  • RE: more and more Off Topic...

Hi Jesper,

First of all,yes offcourse you're still wellcome to write in the Forum,as your intentions are good,you're just another "Petrolhead"who likes talking about our cars,like we all do 8)

Secondly i'd like to congratulate you with your fabulous black Yank,is that a '69 Camaro,with a narrowed rearend? Anyway,it looks really good,and judging from the picture it's built pretty well,with all the right bits and pieces.And i'm pretty sure you've got a nice bottle of Nitrous Oxide hidden in that boot...you lucky bastards,no TüV...maybe i live in the wrong country again...

As for the customizing part of the 16V,well,some of the members in our club do actually ride around on non-stock wheels,so the last thing we would do is to judge somebody by their taste...as long as nobody puts spinners on their wheels,or fits gold plated wirewheels...

After all,German Tuners sold all kinds of goodies for the Mercedes 190-16 at the time our cars were new...
    To name but a few,AMG,Lorinser et all sold really cool stuff,engine mods included.
    Even a,IMHO,horrible conversion such as Carat by Duchalet would be a real treasure to own these days,just because it's something people did back then.
    That's called "Zeitgeist" :D

So once more,please feel free to write here anytime you want to,because your intentions are to keep the 16V's alive and well,and you don't plan irreversible modifications on your car.....and that's a noble cause..
    After all,that's our goal too.

Kind Regards,Frank,Petrolhead.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Frank ()

Frank.
    In short.
    Thank you.
    Then i believe we´re on the same level,and it´s all good in my book.
    ..and as such...back to business. :D ..and a readjust to the german language i guess ;) .
    For all i know,i sincerly hope that you can ALL appreciate that i indeed understand german perfectly well,just that i don´t write it as well.
    Something that might change over time being amongst this community*LOL*.

Speaking of OEM(OEm btw for those that are not into english means Original Equipment manufacture) and speaking of what can be done...
    Looked into the OEM specs of the 2.3 cams today.
    Turned out that the OEM mercedes specs turned in at;
    199deg intake and 198 deg exhaust@2mm valve lift at an installed lobe centerline of a 109 deg plus...
    Something to ponder...for speedfreaks like me;)

Altho the URL is down at the moment,i´ll be happy to link some pics to the progress of my build up.
    Lets just say...you can expect one seriously fast 16V shortly...hitting germany..for fun :D .
    (Planing to vacate the next couple of weeks with my better half in northern germany.Lubeck to be more exact)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Racing ()

Speaking of which...
    Yes.
    That is a 69RS camaro.
    Built up as what´s known as a "pro-streeter".
    Legal...or at least quasi legal :D .
    Sports a injected and nitroused 495cid chevrolet bigblock these days.(More or less exactly 8 liters worth to us).
    Runs an EFI-an old Haltech F9A-8 in beta form that i got at one time for evaluation on a modified 65mm butterfly Hilborn.
    A manual automatic.. ;) Meaning it has a manual valve body and what´s known as a transbrake.Stall speed is@5000rpms.
    A completely remodeled rear -a prism welded 9" ford with a 4.11 numerical and lim slip set to 240lbs-on a 4 link suspension.
    In other words...not all that much camaro left ;) .
    So far best ET down the 1320 feet of race track in full street legal trim is 8,63@259km/h.
    Weighs in at 1710 kg.

Run that one...as well as a equally insane 71 Z28,a stock 69 Z28,a 73 Q code Mustang cobra,an old ferrari 246 dino and a couple of suzuki tripples as well as the merc...to give you an idea... 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Racing ()